I’ve been slowly adding features to my Second Life Text on a Prim system.
The in-world prim now accepts a series of formatting commands on channel 2, as follows:
- Height:NNN to set the height of the generated image.
- Width:NNN to set the width of the generated image.
- Font:SSS to set the font (I have just one font file installed on the server right now, so this isn’t too useful just yet).
- FontSize:NNN to set the font size.
- BodyColorRGB:RRR,GGG,BBB to set the background color.
- TextColorRGB:RRR,GGG,BBB to set the text color.
- Reset! to set all of the parameters back to their default values.
Ok, so now I can type a sequence of commands like this:
- /2 Height:256
- /2 Width:256
- /2 BodyColorRGB:128,128,128
- /2 TextColorRGB:0,255,0
- /2 FontSize:32
- /1 Jeff Rocks
To get this:
Hmmm, the body color should be gray, not blue. Have to look in to that.
I have run into a snag, however! The llParcelMedia function limits the length of the URL argument to 255 characters for some reason. I was very verbose when I named the parameters that I pass to the server-side script, so I can’t enter in text messages of any real length yet. I can shorten the parameter names, but this is still a significant and unanticipated restriction. Sigh…